Fly Tying
jburge

Tenkara swap (any style, all are welcome)

Thanks for the heads up! A bit of a drive, but well worth it for a good day of fishing. I'll check it out.

Thanks for hosting another great swap!

Yep, had a great package of tenkara flies in the mail today. Look forward to fishing these just like soft hackle, or maybe I'll buy a 12' cane pole and experiment with the "tenkara thrill". Thanx for hosting and hope we all get chances to use them soon.

Flies arrived and what a awesome set - thanks for hosting and thanks to everybody for nice tying - this was fun.

Best regards Ostfyn

Vicrider- If you lived anywhere nearby I say let's meet up and you could use one of my rods for the day.

Henrik- there were 12 tiers spots (including host) so anyone tying 12 (myself included) was always going to get one of your own back. 2 slots were never filled, so your extras came back. I think that's right anyhow.

Got the flies today.

Nice tying.

Im not sure i get it with 3 copies of my own fly back...

Any explanation since I'm curious.

Henrik

Henrik,

Exactly what DavidHE said. Tying 12 normally means you get one of your own back. But, because we were a couple tyers short, you got more than just one back. The good news is, we had some super productive people in this swap, so everyone wasn't shorted on the return. Thanks for participating! Maybe next time, we can encourage a full group of 12.

John

I'm getting a little worried about our Canadian tyers receiving their flies. Y'all seen anything yet?

Had my set hand delivered bu jburge at lunch today. Now I have a full Tenkara fly box, thanks to all the tyers for a great swap and Thank You jburge for hosting. cool.png