Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

2 swaps in 1- Emerger swap and Reel Recovery Swap

I had 1 strike but i was fishing at the end of the season here. I was fishing a river also and had no idea how to fish a blob fly, i have a box of nice ones from the blob swap if i ever do figure out how to fish them.

The idea with the blob fly is you want to fish it in such a way to most imitate the food pellets they were being fed in the hatchery. It help to chum the water with a bunch of pellets while the stockers are swimming around aimlessly trying to figure out what they're supposed to be doing out here without any walls to guide them or people to feed them. I saw a contest in England of a guy fishing blobs and another standard flies. The guy with the blob caught a couple but none for nymphs.

http://www.flyfishing.co.uk/general-fly-fishing-discussion/66493-techniques-blob.html

Generally, from what I read about it's use primarily in England in stocked lakes is that it's NORMALLY stripped at high speed to cause a reaction strike like a rattletrap for bass. I'll be around a few stocked lakes later this year and definitely plan to give them a try. I was in the same swap as you I think so I have a nice little collection of good ones, plus those I tied myself.

Just got in some nice flys from DavidHe and PsychoPrince ; also got in some nice flys for the ReelRecovery Donation from Vicrider. We have some nice emerger patterns in this swap!

I just wanted to update everyone and let you know that i still havent heard anything from Morgan64c or Czinger96 so we may all be getting back either 2 of our own flys or 2 of someone elses depending on what you guys want to do

You can either add mine to the donation or keep them for yourself or send them to one of the other swappers

Well hopefully these guys let us know something, Morgan64c sent me a pm when i first started the swap asking for address and Czinger96 is in another swap so hopefully they are doing ok and maybe they will show up at my doorstep by Monday. I have sent them both 3 pms

I don't really need my extras back. I live on the coast with sterile rivers so I never fish emerges anyway. I would prefer they were donated

Ok i will donate the extra 2 fly's for whoever request thwy be donated; i dropped off all of the ReelRecovery flys so far that i have received this past Tuesday to the coordinator and they were quite impressed. Reel Recovery would like to send thank you letters to us for our contributions but i am a firm believer in privacy rights and wanted to check with you guys 1st about that. I could just have them send a general letter to the swap group and post a pdf on here. Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

Privacy has never been an issue for me. I'm not one of the ultra secretive folks that are out there. For my way of thinking, if any charity/benefit group would like to respond with a nice letter to the fly organizer (you in this case), and you were to publish it on here, that would be nice. I never give anything away that I expect to get back anything. If a thank you is forthcoming that's very nice of them but I never felt it necessary.

A general letter posted on the forum works for me. No need for the time and material to give me a personal one. The fact they told you "thank you" is plenty. Glad to help out by donating some flies. Great idea for this swap!