Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fisherboy0301

Looking for a fly fisherman in East Ga.

anybody on here from East GA?, I live in Jenkins County, and have been fly fishing/tying for about a year and a half, was looking for someone to talk tying, fishing, or maybe even go fishin with locally?

Hey FB,I live in Savannah but my fishin is pretty limited due to various circumstances,From the looks of that bass in the picture you could teach me a thing or 2 bout fishin.Was that hog caught on a fly rod?

Sorry to say it wasn't! I just moved to Jenkins county from the Ocala national forest in Florida, and we lived on the shores of lake George the second largest lake in florida, we would use either a cast net, bread, or a small white fly to catch big wild golden shiners and use them to catch bigger, wilder, did I mention bigger? Largemouths, that one was 6lbs 13oz, and my fishin buddy caught a 7lb 5ozer the same day, I let mine back, but he put his in a small pond in his back yard, kinda as a pet. What limits you from fishing, in that area you should have plenty of fish right?

Hi FB,Funds mostly.The 25 horse on my16 ft jon boat is down and both my batteries need replacing.This boat is too big to paddle much Also my favorite river is the ogeechee and down here is below the plant that discharges (still bein allowed to by the way)into the river.Last few years have had many fish die(and many other species)and restrictions over eating said fish.Ponds can be tough from the bank and not too many around here.look forward to talkin with ya.