Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

Doug's Destroyer

Awesome syuff Dave. Anything with a bushy finn raccoon tail like that will look great in the water

Just glad to see you are still here on the forum...I was beginning to wonder

Murray

ps Nicely tied!

Murray, I think they finally moved Dave to a minimum security facility that allows internet access.

Murray, I think they finally moved Dave to a minimum security facility that allows internet access.

It's true…I just got back from pompano beach today, work release program of sorts. I have to tell you that the farther south I go the more I fall in love with Florida. Warm weather and water, canals, ponds, beaches… You can't swing a cat without hitting water down there.

Thanks for the kind words on the fly. I'm going to try some other color combo's just because. Problem is, I have so many flies from lack of fishing last year that I'm running into the how many flies can I toss in a year quandary. Will find out come April biggrin.png

I bet a chartreuse head over a white tail would be killer, also read head over white.

I agree about South Florida. I grew up down there and even if you can't get to the sea, there are canals and lakes all over. The canals usually have places for public access and all have peacock and large mouth bass. We used to fish a lot on the ponds and canals around the turnpike when I was a kid. Bunch of morons running across the highway with fishing poles to fish the next pond. I'm living proof that Darwinism does not necessarily apply to humans

It's amazing that we made it to adulthood intact.

Once I'm healed and back at work I'll be spending time in the Miami area from time to time. Will be making time to fish some of the ponds and canals for exotics.

Hoping I can still make it across the road without getting squashed.

I'm living proof that Darwinism does not necessarily apply to humans

Humans just got a late start, that's all; by the time we arrived on the scene, all the brains had already been spoken for. When I think of the stuff we pulled as kids, I still get the shivers. Sheer luck that any of us lived long enough to reproduce.

That fly wont work. Send it to me, Ill use it next month.

No problem bro, it comes complete with a half assed broken down, smelly old bastard to provide proper rigging and casting instructions. I also have acquired some "special hops" from Colorado for a special beer brew.

That fly wont work. Send it to me, Ill use it next month.

No problem bro, it comes complete with a half assed broken down, smelly old bastard to provide proper rigging and casting instructions. I also have acquired some "special hops" from Colorado for a special beer brew.

I havent acquired any of the special colorado hop strains yet, but I have several pounds of my un-special brewing hops!

20130613_165136_zps012e6ed3.jpg

20130811_125155_zps7f4a0d2a.jpg

Dave would show you his garden of "hops" as well but the feds may come calling. Unfortunately Florida hasn't caught up to Colorado in that department yet