Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Piker20

for the poor canadians

I heard disturbing news today, Canada have banned the sale of IrnBru and Marmite. Seems its too damn delicious. Sooo anyone that needs to get their IrnBru and Marmite just send stacks and stacks of cool flytying stuff and a parcel will magically arrive incognito.....

Oh well that sucks, myself i am addicted to vegemite but good luck even finding that here. I have to go through some underground network and get an Aussie care package every now and then. I really enjoy that hit of vitamin b in the morning along with my coffee, totally zingy! You get Vegemite there in UK?

A little seven dust should take care of dem vegemites for ya.Just kiddin.Just out of curiosity,what kind of critters are imbru and marmites?

I ate marmite once while stationed in England. Once… Out of all the things I love about my cousins across the pond, it isn't marmite. Give me a good roast beef, roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding or give me death!

yeah marmite is pretty whack, my NZ buddies eat it and scorn me for eating Vegemite which is way better, good thing if i cannot get my fix Canada has an Aussie bakery chain 'cobs' which has delicious cheesymite scrolls!....But speaking of Aussie care packages i got this stuff, it is absolutely a thrill to eat, the popping rocks are crazy with chewy bits and yum! It fully dances on the tongue.

post-29540-0-80805100-1390591091_thumb.jpg

I used to eat the hell out of cadbury chocolates, I thought I had died and gone to heaven the first time I found cadbury eggs. We had pop rocks here when I was a kid in the seventies, event seen them in years…Must be great mixed with chocolate.

Is Cadbury not a world wide institution? Ah God bless this sweet land that is Britain.

Well maybe the Easter bunny will drop a Cadbury cream egg near you...

Cadbury eggs ARE a worldwide institution. Well, except for those countries that don't allow pleasure in any form.

I love Marmite! Vegemite is a close second, but not as good. Unfortunately we can only get tiny little jars of it at a few stores here.

I had to look it up online since I've never heard of it before.After an hour of reading several websites, I still don't know exactly what it is. All I can figure out is that it's delicious and some people spread it on toast or crackers and that it has vitamins and it's made from discarded brewers yeast.

Any thing made from waste products in a laboratory can't be good!

I second that, I've seen it here and when I live in Las Vegas in specialty stores. I have no idea what makes people eat that more than once in a lifetime.

Blane

Some folks just don't know what is good! The mistake most of us Americans make with it is they think it should be applied like peanut butter---- although I could certainly eat it that way if I could afford it, just a small skim of it on a buttered toast or english muffin is where it's at- and if you want something to keep you going all day and wishing for more, melt a slice of sharp cheddar over the whole thing.

Don't be afraid of some flavor, my friend. smile.png

I lived in England for 14 months (Embassy Guard) and never could get into either of those concoctions. I suppose it's an acquired taste, and I am glad I never acquired it.

Now, a couple of bangers, eggs and tomatoes ... yummmmmmmm. Beans on toast ... yuuuummmm, too !!!

Some folks just don't know what is good! The mistake most of us Americans make with it is they think it should be applied like peanut butter---- although I could certainly eat it that way if I could afford it, just a small skim of it on a buttered toast or english muffin is where it's at- and if you want something to keep you going all day and wishing for more, melt a slice of sharp cheddar over the whole thing. smile.png

Oh yeah spot on. Also a good mature cheddar cut into chunks and just spread the Marmite direct and eat with a well seasoned pickled onion or beetroot. Mouths watering just thinking about it.