Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Tomster10

Galveston

Anyone have any experience flyfishing either the bay or surf? I'm on the west end of the island and cant find any info for a starting point. Thanks

Curious to know this myself. I'm more familiar with the backbays and the big jetties at Port O'Connor but Galveston is a closer drive for me.

Im in the same boat as both of you fellas my wife and I have a place in POC so i am familiar with there but i just moved to Houston about 6 months ago so i plan to figure out where to go in Galveston soon. The guy at the Orvis shop here in Houston said there are some good spots to wade in Galveston State Park

Hey Tomster, I moved to Houston less than two years ago and I fish Galveston from time to time for a short day trip option. As someone else mentioned good place to start is Galveston Island State Park and pretty easy to access. Across San Luis Pass, Christmas and Bastrop Bay are pretty good but navigating around that area can get a little hairy at times. Are you fishing out of a skiff or a kayak?

You guys should get a book written by Ray Crawford. He lists lots of spots to wade and kayak from. I have the costal bend book since I mostly fish Rockport and Aransas Pass area. He has a Upper Coast of Texas book also. You can find it on Amazon.