Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
boynabubble

Tailwater Tinies- Dries and Nymphs

SWAP IS FULL!

Hey all,

UPDATE: Because of the interest in this swap and it filling up so quickly, I've made room for singletrack to join, so everyone will now be tying 8 flies each! I'm sure no one minds tying one more fly!

Been a loooong time since I've been on the forum, but anxious to get back in the game. What better way than to start a swap!

This will be a favorite tailwater trout flies swap. Let's keep it to sizes 16 or smaller nymphs or dry flies. I've got room for 7 tyers, not including myself, so each person will be tying 7 flies. This swap is open to international tyers. I'm adding my fishing buddy Nick as the 1st to sign up and this will be his first swap!

- Deadline for receiving flies will be March 5th , but I will send back flies if I receive all of them earlier than the deadline. I apologize for the short deadline, but I will be leaving the following week for some fishing on the North Platte and would like to put all of your flies to use cool.png

- Remember to include toe tags with your username!

Let's get rollin'!

1. boynabubble- skinny nelson var. #18, mercury midge #20- done

2. nick bentele- heathen emerger #18 received

3. sniperfreak223- #22 parachute bwo, #22 top secret midge- received

4. Fletchfishes- #28 cdc midge emerger, #24 parachute adams, #20 rainbow warrior - received

5. netabrookie- yellow unnamed fly- received

6. two_nymph_rig- double wire brassie- received

7. atxdiscgolfer- griffith's gnat, johnny flash midge - received

8. flyfishingbobnelson- Sierra bright dots- received

9. singletrack- #16 adams- received

I'll join, thanks. How small can we go? I don't want to tie something so small folks would be disappointed, but we use #30 around here for a particular tailwater midge that is the most common hatch.

Thanks, Cody! Super excited to get in the swap!

I draw the line at size 22, but you guys tie what works for you! If anyone has flies specific to the North Platte, I'm sure Cody would grant you bonus points!!

"Buddy Nick"

Sniperfreak223 and Fletchfishes, you guys are in!

Fletchfishes, by all means tie as small as you dare to go! The key to this swap is to tie your favorite tiny tailwater flies. Anything #16 and under goes. I admire the micro flies...smallest I've tied is #26....just a simple thread and wire midge. I don't think I could get more complicated than that at those sizes!

This sounds interesting so count me in. I will make up my mind as to what I want to tie within a couple of days.

Thanks and Take Care,

Tony

atxdiscgolfer, flyfishingbobnelson.....good to have you on board. Glad to see you're still on the forum Bob....been a while!

Would anyone object to adding one more tyer?

singletrack- I've made a spot for you....I don't think anyone would object to tying one more fly. Welcome to the swap!

That's it.....we're now FULL!

Let's get tying!

I'll be tying a Top Secret midge in size #22 and a BWO parachute in size #20.

I can tie down to a size #30, but I'm out of the really tiny stuff due to going on a trico kick recently.