Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

are you interested

I have been working on poppers. I sent a text to two of my friends here in PA. Would there be enough interest in doing a popper swap? Sooner of later it has to warm up.

Kevin

I'm in. Either 6 x 2 or 12 x1 would be fine with me. I passed on the spun deer hair but cork/foam is a much easier tie.

Kinda interested, is 6x2 2 people tie 6flies, or 6 people tie 2 flies, just wondering, never done a swap!

Fisherboy, generally 12 flies make a good swap. If you get a dozen swappers it's usually 12 flies and you get one back from each other tier but not your own. If the swap is either limited by swapmeister or only generates 6 interested then we often tie 12 flies but you get 2 back from each swapper. Understand the numbers work out if the swapmeister keeps himself separate from the count. In other words, swap boss also ties and you'll get his flies but he's not in the primary list of 6 or 12.

Personally, a dozen fly swap works just about right for most fly ties. For the guys who do the exotic stuff like bass lures or hair bugs 6 can often be plenty. If you join in just try to offer what the swapmeister asks for and try to be prompt and you will really enjoy the swaps and the quality of the guys tying on this forum. I'm working hard for the last year to get up to their quality but some of us just try our best and love the format.

Fisherboy...FOCUS...rolleyes.gif 12 Flies...You send 12, you get 12. These things are all really up to the Swap Boss but... If 6 are in you send 12 and get 12. If 12 are in you send 12 and get 12. Only difference is that if there are 6 people, you get 2 from each guy. If there are 12 people you get 1 from each person, so more variety. Now join in and enjoy swapping with a great bunch of guys on this board. Swapmeister will let us know how many we need we calls swap full and we all get busy tying on feathers and doing some painting.

Freak, you sniped me on that ( pun intended ) but I think he's got it now and hope he joins in.

Ok it looks like we can run with this. I sent out a few PM's to some I would love to see get in. One cant and you see one that can, Stippled Popper. He was the first on my list to invite. Others haven't gotten back to me yet. All that I see that wants in will go on the new thread. I'm looking for 12 people. Any way you want. Deer, foam, hook, or tube. What ever makes you happy when your line is tight.

Kevin