Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
singletrack

West Coast Surf Flies

Anyone interested in swapping west coast surf patterns? I tie mostly for California surf. Species such as Surf Perch, Corbina, and Stripers. I am thinking if we could get five people together and each do are favorite surf pattern that would be great. Due date of March 30th.

Number of people 5
1.Sniperfreak223(flies in)
2.vicrider (flies in)
3.tim980(files in)
4.axtdiscgolfer (flies in)
rich mc(flies in)

Due date March 30th

Swap Full

I apologize for missing this in the rules. I thought i had read them all. I have sent my info to smalliehunter. Thanks for catching this.

I'll get in on this with a Corbina Candy and a Thin Lizzie. Just need to make a materials run, as I don't really tie many saltwater patterns.

Sounds like great choices. I will do my worm fly. It's a local pattern called the Zen worm. It just slays perch and pretty much anything else in the water.

You list two differnet due dates. March 30th and March 5th. If getting in I'd need time to make sure I had parts and pieces for a decent effort and need clarification on you due date.

Actually, that would be different.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I hope I can be included in the swap. I would like to tie a Q's Beach Bug.

Thanks, Tim

Just one fly pre person. So if we get five people you will need to tie 5 flys. You won't get your flies back just one fly from each person so five new patterns for you.

C'mon guys, I've already got a set started with eyes tied and superglued so let's fill this swap out and have some fun. Patterns I've been studying are not that hard but look like fun. Check this link and go from there on ideas what others think works in the surf.

http://onesurffly.com/surf-flies-2/