Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
singletrack

West Coast Surf Flies

Along with bass and stripers. I think there is some potentional for carp on some of these files.

Singletrack, the Q bug with just a couple of minor color changes looks like it has a lot of potential for carp, something I plan to spend a little more time looking for in some of our small reservoirs. Only one of three has many carp and it is the one that has gotten the lowest during our drought so they may be easy to target next warming spell. Will have to look over the other flies when they get here to see what ones may be useful for the carp hunting.

It should be noted that in the original Surfin' Merkin SBS they used white so I did but I can see it also being colored with magic marker or even dipped and dyed to match local colors. It was kind of fun to tie but definitely took longer than the Q-Bug. I'm thinking the Q-bug design could very be one of those carp crossover flies we talked about.

Guest rich mc

sent flies out today, since the swap was small I added another fly. tony's worm and an ultimate worm are on the way rich mc

It looks like I will have most of the flies soon. I have not heard much from tim980. I was wondering how it was going?