Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

A norwegian flyfisherman going nuts - here comes Terry!!!&

This is what the winter does to a Norwegian flyfisherman........it drives me nuts :-)

Here comes Terrrrrrryyyyyyyyy :-) :-) :-)

12266128943_10db16159c_h.jpg

Terje

Terje,

I got up this morning feeling like what comes out of the north end of a south bound horse but that picture got me laughing and feeling much better. I haven't went that nuts over the weather yet, but I look very similar everyday when I leave work and try to come out of North Carolina and up the mountain back into Virginia. I think some people were born just to be in someone's way, and waste oxygen. Thanks again for the laugh and before I forget to mention it, it's a good picture with nothing to distract in the background so that the viewer can concentrate only on the crazed fly fisherman.

Take Care and hang in there because it can't stay winter for ever

Tony

Terje,

I got up this morning feeling like what comes out of the north end of a south bound horse but that picture got me laughing and feeling much better. I haven't went that nuts over the weather yet, but I look very similar everyday when I leave work and try to come out of North Carolina and up the mountain back into Virginia. I think some people were born just to be in someone's way, and waste oxygen. Thanks again for the laugh and before I forget to mention it, it's a good picture with nothing to distract in the background so that the viewer can concentrate only on the crazed fly fisherman.

Take Care and hang in there because it can't stay winter for ever

Tony

Well.......this winter has been boring because of my busted knee so i had to loose it sooner or later :-) :-) :-) ..... No, I´m hanging in there, Tony. Still quite sane to be honest :-) :-)

Just playing around and try to have some fun with the camera while i´m waiting for springtime and rising trout :-) :-)

Thanks, Buddy :-)

Terje

Looks like one of the first symptoms of Cabin Fever, quite widespread among fly fisherman living in the Northern Latitudes around the world.

Yepp :-) :-)

Terje

Terje-

Excellent photo. I see where you added a small amount of fill light on your right side to bring out some detail. Great work.

Yes, winter can be a really pain, and drives you nuts with cabin fever.

On a different subject, I was reading today's Dallas paper, and read where the Norwegian teams are heavily favored to win cross country, and the biathlon. Hope they win my friend. Beat the Russians!!!!!! I love the Winter Olympics, especially the biathlon. To ski cross country, with your heart pounding, and then stop at the targets and shoot at the little discs with a .22 is amazing. Being a competitive rifle shooter, I can identify with the biathlon.

Went out Friday, and bought a new Canon 70D camera body. Got to set it up with my preferences and go shoot.

Take care.

Bill

Terje-

Excellent photo. I see where you added a small amount of fill light on your right side to bring out some detail. Great work.

Yes, winter can be a really pain, and drives you nuts with cabin fever.

On a different subject, I was reading today's Dallas paper, and read where the Norwegian teams are heavily favored to win cross country, and the biathlon. Hope they win my friend. Beat the Russians!!!!!! I love the Winter Olympics, especially the biathlon. To ski cross country, with your heart pounding, and then stop at the targets and shoot at the little discs with a .22 is amazing. Being a competitive rifle shooter, I can identify with the biathlon.

Went out Friday, and bought a new Canon 70D camera body. Got to set it up with my preferences and go shoot.

Take care.

Bill

Thanks a lot, Bill :-) :-) It´s really great fun to play around with different lightning and see what kind of effects you get. I love it :-) :-)

The Winter Olympics are coming up and Norway are always on top in many of the different sports. We have been the best country almost in every winter olympic for in modern time, and that is not bad for a country of 5 million people :-) :-)

My favourite Olymipic sport is by far ISHOCKEY with Downhill as a good nr 2.

I`m really looking forward to see the NHL players representing their countries. I´m a New York Rangers fan an we Norwegians are proud that one of Rangers best players represents Norway. We love Zuccccccaaaaaa :-) :-)

I also like the Biathlon and have a feeling that Norway are gonna pick a few gold medals in Biathlon this Olympics.

Concrats on your Canon 70D, from what i have heard it is a really good camera. Enjoy your camera and your photos :-)

Take care, Bill.

Terje

Terje-

I forgot to mention the downhill, and the slalom. Thanks for reminding me.

I read a lot of reviews on the 70D before I bought it. I'm really going to have fun with this one.

Bill

Terje-

I forgot to mention the downhill, and the slalom. Thanks for reminding me.

I read a lot of reviews on the 70D before I bought it. I'm really going to have fun with this one.

Bill

Downhill, Super G, GIant Slalom and Slalom all rules and Norway have Aksel Lund Svindal and hope for another gold medal at least one of the four events :-) :-)

Enjoy your 70D, i´m sure you´re gonna have lots of fun with it :-)

Terje

This is what the winter does to a Norwegian flyfisherman........it drives me nuts :-)

biggrin.png

I guess you would look the same if someone offered you a Wolly Bugger :D

PS: How many of the Northug brothers are going to the olympics ?

While the cold and lack of sunlight is part of my Norsk/Celtic heritage, I prefer the warmth of the sun. No wonder the Vikings "vacationed" in what is now Italy. ;>)

biggrin.png

I guess you would look the same if someone offered you a Wolly Bugger biggrin.png

PS: How many of the Northug brothers are going to the olympics ?

I would look even worse if someone offered me something as scary as a Wolly Bugger :-) :-) :-)

As far as i know only Petter Northug is going to the Olympics...... and that´s more than enough Northugs for one Olympic :-) :-)

Terje

While the cold and lack of sunlight is part of my Norsk/Celtic heritage, I prefer the warmth of the sun. No wonder the Vikings "vacationed" in what is now Italy. ;>)

I`m born and raised in Norway BUT i also prefer the warmth of the sun :-) Someday i will leave Norway in the wintertime and seek summer all year long :-) :-)

Terje

I`m born and raised in Norway BUT i also prefer the warmth of the sun :-) Someday i will leave Norway in the wintertime and seek summer all year long :-) :-)

Terje

As I've said before ... you will always be welcome in Florida.

Terje

As I've said before ... you will always be welcome in Florida.

Thanks a lot, mikechell :-) I´ll rember that for sure :-) :-)

Terje