Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
atroutbum2

muddler,matuka or zonker swap

Hope they work for you guys in your neck of the woods. I had huge success for a couple years on the local rainbows they loved this fly. I used to have guys come into my shop back in the 90's and buy 2 dozen at a time in all different sizes. It was all the rage on our local streams. Let me know if you have luck with them this season!

Looking forward to receiving this lot of flies, sure to be some great ties in the box!!

Thanks and keep tying!

I was just told that one tier had to drop out of the swap.

That means one less fly to tie. To the tiers whos flies have been mailed or recieved already, your gonna get one of your own back.

Joe

Oh I don't need mine back, I don't mind if you keep the extra swapmeister! I"m sure alot of the other guys would feel the same way. It's cool with me.

Damian

Here is the story behind The Newfoundland Nerdling, while we sitting arround having a "jug up", I asked my newfoundland freind to pass me a beer, while his head hung low he said, "na bye-der near a beer left" I took a bottle of cheap wine I had stashed inside my coat pocket spun off the top and put a recent tie on the lip and passed it to him.

I said "here", as he looked up he saw the bottle and reached out for it. He then saw the fly, looked at it and said, " ner-da-lin-ga". We were all amused, and another fellow said thats what you should call that fly a Newfoundland Nerdling.

It is just a muddler varriant with yellow turkey for the tail,yellow Kreineik blending filliament for the body, the wing consists of mallard dyed lemmon wood duck,to tail overlaid with black fox tail, black bear hair or black marabou to middle of tail, on top yellow turkey to middle of tail, slightly longer than hair or marabou. The head is two or three clumps of spun yellow deer hair trimmed fairly close.

Flies are done and you should get them soon.

Daryn is it just coincidence your stories have something to do with drinkin or bologna! Guess theres not a whole lot to do but drink and tie flies oh and eat bologna under all that snow! Cheers buddy!