Fly Tying

Hi All:

This is (obviously) similar to a number of different Dee flies, but my daughter named it the 'Blue Skipper'. So . . . I guess it is called a 'Blue Skipper'. smile.png The rear wing looks messed up, but it is just because I laid the fly on its side.

Comments or critiques are more than welcome.

Best,

ISU

post-47746-0-66548300-1392183783_thumb.jpg

Pretty nicely done, they are a fun tie huh!? Only things i could suggest is maybe less hackle, perhaps strip one side and to tie on a longer hook, otherwise tasty!

Thanks, Jam. I appreciate the comments. I thought the same about the hackle. The marabou that I have is pretty webby, so it came off bulkier than I'd have liked, even though I did strip one side. I think it would be better served to be hackled w/pheasant rump. I'll probably give that a shot next go-round.

Thanks again!

Best,

ISU

Nice! Looks like you have the wing mount and everything else sorted now all you need to do is just tighten a few elements up like the gp crest tail. A longer hook would make life easier with this and the pattern will have more flow. Good job on the hackle!

Thanks so much for the input Jam. I appreciate it. I tied a few more yesterday on 1/0 Partridge CS's. They came out a bit better. I also tied up a few Mist-esque flies w/Cashmere Goat wings (I love the stuff . . . it looks so sexy in the water!).

Again, thanks so much for the input!!

Best,
CWI

Nice! Just thought i would drop this link in here, some fine examples of dee's and more, just scroll down and enjoy!

http://www.feathersfliesandphantoms.co.uk/akroyd_12.html