Fly Tying
Horseshoes

Salty Flats & Mangrove Swap

I can't speak to crocs, but I can tell you the sound of a fly line repeatedly hitting the surface attracts gators, also a struggling fish ie. one being played will get the attention of a gator. Have moved on more times than I care to count due to inquisitive gators.

post-22241-0-41460200-1392674938_thumb.jpg

Hahaha.

Good question 'shoes. We live with the Estuarine crocodile here, and I gotta say that unless you really annoy them they will usually leave you alone, especially if you're fishing from a boat. I have never heard of a large crocodile attacking a fly... and if they were to do so I doubt that the battle would last for long.

A mate was fishing with hard bodied crank baits a couple of years ago and hooked one, but that didn't last long.... And just after I came home in 2007 (6 months BF (before fly)) I was fishing soft plastics off a local beach, casting to what I thought was a feeding fish.... As it turned out it was actually a middling crocodile that then decided I was his breakfast. The first actual glimpse of it was his tail as he came between the log and myself (I could have touched it). Didn't fish there for a while....

Seriously... You'll be right

My buddy hooked a gator on a torpedo lure in the Everglades when we were kids. He pulled up a half a torpedo lure, thing bit right through it like it was live bait.

By the way, my previous post should have said pinfish imitation. Sorry for the typo

Horseshoes, I don't know how far south you are going, but down here Spring is one of the best times of the year to fish

A couple more.... I give them a wide berth whenever I can, but sometimes I've been lucky enough to get a couple of shots.

post-22241-0-10230800-1392676029_thumb.jpeg

post-22241-0-53053200-1392676056_thumb.jpeg

And sometimes they just won't move.. Maybe 3.5m this one... So middling in size....

post-22241-0-80968500-1392676819_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-66326200-1392676833_thumb.jpg

If you'd said you wanted croc flies I could have chosen a whole different pattern. You're just after some new shoes and a bag Sharon admit it!!

Not sure Dave, I'll have to check it out. Google I guess.

Piker actually boots would be great, last longer, but I can't see me pulling a Dundee to get a pair.

Found a site worldseafishing.com/forum got great info. Just need the time to read through.

Ok post updated.

Utyer and tim980 haven't stated their choice of tie yet. Give a shout what you are tying. We are a curious lot. Give a shout to let us know you are there.

post-15490-0-23542900-1393251558_thumb.jpg