Fly Tying
KOKOEK9

Pheasant tail nymph

The wire used in transformers and motors is called magnet wire.

The wires in the stator and rotor are called ... wire. Many motors today have copper plated aluminum wire. They are referred to as the "windings". The "job" they do might be to create a magnetic field ... or to respond to a magnetic field. In 30+ years of working in the electrical/electronics world, I've never heard of them being called "magnet wire". Could be a colloquial name from your area, I suppose.

The wire used in transformers and motors is called magnet wire.

The wires in the stator and rotor are called ... wire. Many motors today have copper plated aluminum wire. They are referred to as the "windings". The "job" they do might be to create a magnetic field ... or to respond to a magnetic field. In 30+ years of working in the electrical/electronics world, I've never heard of them being called "magnet wire". Could be a colloquial name from your area, I suppose.

Oops ... my mistake. My apologies, Jay.

I just finished Googling "magnet wire". Sure enough, that's what the retailers call it when you are buying a spool of insulated wire for winding your own stators and rotors.

I'd like to update that "old Saying" I got this from a golf pro. Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect. If you just practice, and not perfectly, soon you'll be adept at doing something wrong.

Hi, I have watched some videos and when I tie I try to use no more thread than I need and not crowd the eye yet when I am finishing thew head I end up with a glob of thread what am I doing wrong.

I watched a video a while back, where the guy said to start your thread about a hook eyes length behind the eye. Then while you tie your fly "do not go past those first thread wraps" until you are ready to tie off and finish your fly. It works for me. No more crowding the eye.

As far as legs go on your nymphs? They will fish just fine with out them, how ever they do look better with them. The legs will also slow the fall of the fly in the water. Something else to think about if you need to get it really deep.

Thank you flytyer56, I really like this tip!