Fly Tying
eide

March Flies from the Vise

I love your feet hair work Cream. It never ceases to amaze me how many people tie on an HMH and yet not to often do you hear it suggested as a great vise.

Steve

I love your feet hair work Cream. It never ceases to amaze me how many people tie on an HMH and yet not to often do you hear it suggested as a great vise.

Steve

Most people seem to buy into the whole "it's not a true rotary" thing. For a non-rotary vise, I do a lot of rotary things on it. I'd be lost without it.

Steve

Most people seem to buy into the whole "it's not a true rotary" thing. For a non-rotary vise, I do a lot of rotary things on it. I'd be lost without it.

I've tied on 9 different vises in the 24 years I've been tying and not yet been as satisfied with anything as much as I am with my HMH. I recommend one to everyone. I have both the spartan and a standard. Great tools with well above par customer service.

Steve

Are you guys using the Fugly packer?

After years of using my hands I finally broke down and bought one about a month ago. I don't think I'm getting any denser bugs with it but it sure makes things easier. I haven't stuck a hook into any of my fingers recently either, which is definitely a plus.

-Mike

LOL, thanks, I've been considering getting one for a while now, but the price tag scares me away every time. Can you just push straight back with it or do you have to turn it a bit, that's when my stacking falls apart.

LOL, thanks, I've been considering getting one for a while now, but the price tag scares me away every time. Can you just push straight back with it or do you have to turn it a bit, that's when my stacking falls apart.

You just clamp on with the hook in the notch and pack everything back. You can certainly twist and torque and put some serious force into it but it's actually kinda easy to use too much force and accidentally snap the hook if you're twisting it around.

DSC_0021_zpsddc64f21.jpg

Really nice. What vise are you using?

HMH Spartan. It has the green portion instead of the standard color because I bought it at an Orvis store, so it's the Orvis Edition. Same vise, same price, different color.

Nice.

Something similar to a extra wide cheech leech, switched some stuff up though

Very nice. That will move like crazy.