Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

this is what i call a taste of summer............

Terje-

Great photo montage! Adding your tied flies to photos of the real bugs is a nice touch. And adding your girlfriend and friends to the image adds a

nice human element to the photo.

Thanks for posting.

Bill

Nice photos, Terje. I really must look up the statistics fro Norway. You call this "A Taste of Summer" ... and almost everyone is wearing sweaters or jackets.

MY idea of summer is shorts and tee shirts ... bikinis and sun hats. You have GOT to come to Florida in the summer so you can experience actually heat !!!

Joking, of course ... sort of !

Terje-

Great photo montage! Adding your tied flies to photos of the real bugs is a nice touch. And adding your girlfriend and friends to the image adds a

nice human element to the photo.

Thanks for posting.

Bill

Thx a lot, Bill :-) :-)

Terje

Nice photos, Terje. I really must look up the statistics fro Norway. You call this "A Taste of Summer" ... and almost everyone is wearing sweaters or jackets.

MY idea of summer is shorts and tee shirts ... bikinis and sun hats. You have GOT to come to Florida in the summer so you can experience actually heat !!!

Joking, of course ... sort of !

Yepp, summer in Norway can be short and are often not to good. Having said that, when we have summer it can be really hot every once in a while :-)

My idea of summer is the same as yours Mike, but the good things is that the trout rises from april to october so for a dry fly purist..... it can be heaven on earth :-) :-) :-)

Terje

Yeah ... it'd be heaven for my Wife, too. She hates the hot weather and humidity we get. I, on the other hand, LOVE it.

Yeah ... it'd be heaven for my Wife, too. She hates the hot weather and humidity we get. I, on the other hand, LOVE it.

I´m on your side, Mike :-) :-)

Terje

Terje,

That is a really great collection of pictures. I have to thank you for giving me some warm thoughts because we have yet another bad weather system with snow and freezing rain coming in tonight. If I was rich I would offer to fly you to where Mike is so you could enjoy a little warmth and beautiful weather and I would offer to fly Mike to Norway so he could experience some of your world, but we would have to wait for one of those warm summer days for Mike's visit.

Take Care,

Tony

Thank you, Tony ... for not having the money to send me to Norway right now. I agree, wait 'til warmer weather.

Of course, YOU could fly to Florida and do same warm weather fishing ...

Terje,

That is a really great collection of pictures. I have to thank you for giving me some warm thoughts because we have yet another bad weather system with snow and freezing rain coming in tonight. If I was rich I would offer to fly you to where Mike is so you could enjoy a little warmth and beautiful weather and I would offer to fly Mike to Norway so he could experience some of your world, but we would have to wait for one of those warm summer days for Mike's visit.

Take Care,

Tony

Thanks a lot, buddy :-) :-)

The spring has arrived in Norway BUT it´s raining and not very warm. There is a lot of snow in the mountains so i guess it´s gonna be a while before the trout rises in my part of Norway. I just have to hang in there :-)

I still hope for the lottery to kick in and if it does, i´m heading for New Zealand for about 4 months or so :-) :-) :-) Thanks for the kind thought btw, i appreciate that :-) :-) :-)

Terje

Thank you, Tony ... for not having the money to send me to Norway right now. I agree, wait 'til warmer weather.

Of course, YOU could fly to Florida and do same warm weather fishing ...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Terje

Mike, if I ever make it to Florida I will drive. The few times that I have been in a plane were a few too many. When I was at Ft. Benning waiting for jump school my mind was set at ease because I knew that I would have a parachute on and had the option of jumping out of the plane before a crash. A drunk driver years before ensured that my knee was trashed so that ended my possibilities of planes and parachutes so I will stick to four wheels on the ground. I did pay to go up in a helicopter once and my fear of falling out of the sky like a rock was put out of my mind because the pilot flew me over a section of a creek that I fish and I got a totally different view of it.

Terje, you have the right idea going on....New Zealand...huge trout that would eat some of the ones that I catch...plus I have always wanted to see a wombat....with a name like that it's got to be a pretty cool critter... After thinking about the not flying thing...if I could afford to go to Norway I would consider duct tapping myself to an airplane wing just to have a chance at some of those brown trout and a chance to meet one of the best fly tiers that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Mike, if I ever make it to Florida I will drive. The few times that I have been in a plane were a few too many. When I was at Ft. Benning waiting for jump school my mind was set at ease because I knew that I would have a parachute on and had the option of jumping out of the plane before a crash. A drunk driver years before ensured that my knee was trashed so that ended my possibilities of planes and parachutes so I will stick to four wheels on the ground. I did pay to go up in a helicopter once and my fear of falling out of the sky like a rock was put out of my mind because the pilot flew me over a section of a creek that I fish and I got a totally different view of it.

Terje, you have the right idea going on....New Zealand...huge trout that would eat some of the ones that I catch...plus I have always wanted to see a wombat....with a name like that it's got to be a pretty cool critter... After thinking about the not flying thing...if I could afford to go to Norway I would consider duct tapping myself to an airplane wing just to have a chance at some of those brown trout and a chance to meet one of the best fly tiers that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

New Zealand is on top of my dream list on places to flyfish before i leave this planet for good :-)

You´re are more than welcome to Norway anytime you want and i´ll be your personal guide of course :-)

Terje

(1) Mike, if I ever make it to Florida I will drive.

(2) ... a chance to meet one of the best fly tiers that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

(1) Hey, even better ... that way I don't have to chauffeur you around when we aren't fishing.

(2) Well, you won't meet me there unless we're both going to Nor ... OH, you were talking about Terje !!! Yeah, I second that sentiment, then.