Fly Tying

I'm sure this has been done before, but I can't sit and tie a dozen of the same flie. One or two then I need to change it up. I've been sitting here tying trout flies and it's to cold to use them, drives me crazy. You guys that tie production or dozens at a time are my idol. I guess I'd rather be fishing. 35 degrees, is that to much to ask for? user posted image

Very creative. I've never seen one like that before. Two more months and it's time for big bass at Castaic lake and they are used to eating all the hatchery rainbows which are stocked all winter. I like your fly, the eye looks really cool and I'm going to try tying it much longer to hopefully be a 10" rainbow trout.

Graham

PCR !

Your bored ?

Its going to be 40 degrees the next few day.

You better get out there and catch a fish ! cool.gif

PCR- I was just tying for the bugger swap and was thinking the same thing. I have a hard time sitting down and tying a dozen flies in one sitting. I usually will tie 5 or 6 and take a break. I could never production tie. The weather here in Michigan has been cold for the past 3 weeks and I want to take the drift boat out and do some winter steelhead fishing in a BAD way. mad.gif

Take care

Dan

I feel the same way. What I try to do is find other related areas to keep me interested. Like to day I dyed some possum and fooled around with some wax formulas while I was making a mess in the kitchen anyway. I've gotten to a point where I dye and blend all my own dubbing. It's kind of fun and keeps me interested. I also tie all my own leaders and I think I am going to try and furl some out of thread.

QUOTE (Dripster @ Jan 29 2005, 08:00 PM)
The weather here in Michigan has been cold for the past 3 weeks and I want to take the drift boat out and do some winter steelhead fishing in a BAD way.    mad.gif
Take care
Dan

You're not kidding. I've been itching it to take some reefs on the oars myself. I'm even contemplating a suicide trip to the Au Sable on Monday. Seems that ice fishing around our parts sucks based on the reports (who wants to catch ice anyway dunno.gif ) and all the local rivers are unfishable do to shelf ice.

Been catching up on my sculpins though. Somehow I go through about 3 dozen a season and I was down to my last one crying.gif

The only highlight in the last 3 weeks has been a couple of afternoons of rabbit hunting. One of the days I left the gun sitting next to the door, but that's another story...LOL The dog performed quite well. laugh.gif

Winter doldrums have set in... bs.gif FTW

Hey Dan, I hear the Mo is fishing quite well this winter

Hey Shoe- From everyone I have talked to they have been doing really well. I just moved and live only 20 minutes from Croton and its killing me. I have been looking at the weather and with it being in the mid to lower 30's this week I think I have to say $%%^# it and go. I guess I will just do some more tying and get your swap done. I am always looking for someone to fish with so keep that in mind. BOOOO HOOOO HOOO to the winter blues.

Dan

I decided to head up your way tomorrow. I'll probably float the Upper end to Thornapple and have the Hamilton's spot me.

We should get together and hook a few. You're very lucky to have the Mo in your back yard. I'm hoping for a seasonal site at Henning this year.

watch those water temps. If its getting warm and you have alot of snow melt it will drop the water temps down to much and the fish will be non active. temps should be on the rise if you want to fish. A rise of 2 degrees sometimes will put the fish on the feed. here in eastern pa. the spring creeks are in the mid 30"s from snow melt. The fish are not active. Normal temps should be around 40 - 45.