Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
hcfliesandjigs

Organization

This.....

post-45233-0-64862500-1395112775_thumb.jpg

Turned into this:

post-45233-0-03879600-1395112929_thumb.jpg

In 20 months...you will need all the space you can get lol.

Those storage towers are a life saver...love having them all labeled and organized, take what I need for a pattern and it has an easy to access place to go afterwards.

My tying stuff has already grew way more than I though it would. Unfortunately a lot of the stuff I have gotten I am finding I don't really use. I need to work on getting just the materials I need for certain patterns and not going overboard when things are on sale. Thanks for all the input and advice I am getting a good section of the basement for just my stuff and can build storage form the floor to the ceiling if I need be. Can't wait to post pictures up when I'm done.

I store my fly tying tools and materials in an old tackle box. If you decide to use a tackle box, one with a fold out tray is best.

. I need to work on getting just the materials I need for certain patterns and not going overboard when things are on sale.

We've all been there. I've still got some bear hair I bought 35 years ago. Let me know if you come up with a solution.wink.png

the only solution I can think of is to not buy anything. IT never fails oh I love the look of that pattern it would be sick in blue, red, yellow, green, orange. then all of a sudden you have 5 different color of fox fur and you will never tie the amount of flies to use it all up lol. I need to remember and try to stay focused and just try to buy stuff that matches the hatch around my area, and more proven flies that work.

Don't forget the extra room you need for the stuff that you buy, stuff in a drawer and then forget about. It starts to add up after awhile.

Steve