Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Piker20

Help on a material/fly

It's melted together at the end. Looks like a weave of clear material over a core of green. It is a good looking tail/abdomen, I hope someone answers with the actual materials.

Gungner is correct. It's pearl core braid. Look up Silvey's caddis pupa for another example.

The material is revealed on his web site: "Planet Trout reminded me that ‘simple’ is not simple unless a few additional details are offered: black or nickle bead, pupa hook, black sparkle dubbing and pearl core braid (light green or rootbeer) burned and crimped at rear."

Pearl Core Braid. Its available at lots of places.

The material is revealed on his web site: "Planet Trout reminded me that ‘simple’ is not simple unless a few additional details are offered: black or nickle bead, pupa hook, black sparkle dubbing and pearl core braid (light green or rootbeer) burned and crimped at rear."

Pearl Core Braid. Its available at lots of places.

The pattern was originally developed by Canadian tier Jeremy Davies...it was on his site, which disappeared about ten years ago...it's a good one...

PT/TB

As an aside, one can also remove the core from the braid and put it over an abdomen with a material of choice...in this case, it's UV Tan Krystal Flash...

54e72ee4-239b-495e-a039-024d930b092c_zps

PT/TB