Fly Tying
ryveradair

Shotgun Shell Uses

You know, they could maybe make for a really nice popper tube body....especially 410 shells.

Maybe use some expanding spray foam to secure it to the hook. Paint it and tie on a hook.

Definatly gonna try this.

Exactly what I was thinking. Great Stuff works really well. You could probably make some pretty B.A. bass poppers out of the lower guages like 12 and 16, and using foam they'd stay pretty light weight, certainly light enough to whip with a fly rod.

They can be reloaded and used to shoot stuff that can be skinned and used to tie flies.

That's my way of doing it also

I made a hair stacker out of a couple of spent 12 gauge shells. I also find spent cartridges useful to throw at people who interrupt my tying.

i have one that i use as a hair stacker. i cut 1/2 of the shell away to make it easier to remove the stacked clump of hair (sorta like a shoe horn stacker)

Re: using them as fly bodies:

I remember way back when Seagram's Seven Crown started giving away gold(ish) 7-crown keychains. People started putting hooks on them and using them as lures. Which leads us to two alternate conclusions:

1. Some fish will eat just about anything,

OR

2. Some fishermen will try just about anything.

I remember way back when Seagram's Seven Crown started giving away gold(ish) 7-crown keychains. People started putting hooks on them and using them as lures. Which leads us to two alternate conclusions:

OR

No "or" or alternate about it. "1" and "2" both apply.

OR

I caught my first big bass as a kid on a mini budwiser can novelty fishing lure type thing I found on the bank of the river.

I think about that every time I get all worried about what fly or lure I should use.