Fly Tying
ryveradair

Shotgun Shell Uses

I found a bunch of empty shotgun shells and set them up on my bench and now each time i go to tie an order (usually for myself) i put the hook and materials needed for each fly in the shells. Then I'll tie in an assembly line form. Anyone else do something similar?

Good for hair stacker

+1

Fill the bottom with epoxy so fibres don't get stuck in the uneven bottom.

Careful ... "Frackers" can shoot back ... and I hope they do. I like driving my vehicle and the gas is gotta come from somewhere.

Careful ... "Frackers" can shoot back ... and I hope they do. I like driving my vehicle and the gas is gotta come from somewhere.

That's natural gas he's talking about...

Shoot away buddy!

They can be reloaded and used to shoot stuff that can be skinned and used to tie flies.

thats's what I'm talking about!

You know, they could maybe make for a really nice popper tube body....especially 410 shells.

Maybe use some expanding spray foam to secure it to the hook. Paint it and tie on a hook.

Definatly gonna try this.

I found a bunch of empty shotgun shells and set them up on my bench and now each time i go to tie an order (usually for myself) i put the hook and materials needed for each fly in the shells. Then I'll tie in an assembly line form. Anyone else do something similar?

I am using a set of brass shells (12, 16, 28 & 32 gauge) with sharpened edges for cutting foam bodies for the poppers

I took a piece of oak, glued shells primer down onto the board, and then used the open end of shells to hold tools, tubes of beads, etc.

it works great!!!

Matt