Fly Tying
LP ID 66

Salmon Flyswap

Now that at I am not getting up at four every morning and have days off maybe I can keep my head more straight. Sorry for the confusion guys

I sent six of 2 different types and mine are the ones from OK. If you want the extra that's what they're for. If someone else asks and really likes stimulators (I have an all black with moose tail and black bucktail and black hackle, and a yellow orange one with grizzlie hackle, ( I think).

I will keep an eye out atx and another set arrived today, I haven't seen them yet but they t from Cali I presume Travis Billie's?

Logan

Do you fish for anything out in Idaho other than trout? I'll get mine out fairly soon as I want them out before I leave for Derby weekend.

When you say red fish is that the same as Kokanee? If so yes and I have a couple new streams to try this fall. Kudu it really is mainly trout here I the warm water stuff is limited or quite a drive. I make a trip atleast once a year for steelhead and one for salmon if the seasons work. I am hoping to get a new job in Boise if I do will miss the trout fishing here but there is still some good stuff over there And I will gain some excellent warm water fishin... Atleast for idaho's standards. I am not prejudice tho I will fish for anything given the chance.

No Red Drum aka redfish, i was kidding about stocking the river with them; i sent you 1 as an extra in case you make it to the coast sometime- redfish are a lot of fun to catch they really put the drag system to a good test. I also sent you a March Brown emerger pattern that worked for me well a couple of weeks ago as well an extra Golden Stone - thx for hosting

Atx I got your flies thanks for the exrtras. I would love to fish the salt. I need to talk my girlfriend into a vacation were she can sit on beach and i can go fishing...

Glad to hear they made it there, there usually isnt many stoneflies where i fish - Guadalupe River Tailwater so i havent tied this pattern until now. I found the recipe online and they looked pretty similar to the model so i hope they dont dissapoint. You should definitely fish the salt, my wife and i are going to Port O Connor this weekend and i hear the tarpon may be out - if i only had a 10 weight but will probably wade for some redfish instead i know my 8 weight can handle those.

Yeah my best friend guided in the seyschelles islands for a bit I hope he goes back so I can get a trip there. I built him a twelve weight last summer for GTs. A seven weight is my biggest rod now. I dunno if that's big enough but next winter I may have to find a trip somewhere....

6 amy's ant salmon flies done as well as 6 chubby Chernobyl hi vis. Ill send at beginning of next week so should be no problem making deadline. Headed to Derby Saturday and plan on picking up a little something for the SM there as he went out of his way for me on the last swap I conducted. Yes, Logan by all means you should be fishing the salt. You should take your gal to Cabo San Lucas or La Paz the fishing is fantastic (my favorite place to fish) and the tequila and Pacifico beer aint to bad either.