Fly Tying
redneckshadrap

Ky Fly Fishing Gathering

I know we have folks on this board form all over the world. It'd be impossible for some to get to Ky, but we are thinking(fellows on the Creek Bank) about getting something together for the Cumberland River in June some times.

Would like to ask some folks with good trout experience to attend. We don't have a lot of experience for fishing these waters for trout, but it hold some good ones.

This location also is in the area for some remote forest streams as well.

Just looking for feed back, nothing's definte yet...

Billy

I was just talking to Hubbard the other day how we need to get down to the Cumberland......sounds like fun.

The only problem with Cland can be the generation schedules. If we get a lot of rain and the lake is full, they won't hesitate to open them up and pull the lake.

Billy

That's a common "problem" associated with ANY tailwater fishing. And a risk most of us take anytime we head for one of those rivers. How are the "remote forest streams" affected by this generation?

What part of Kentucky are you talking in particular? I would consider it and I know a few guys here that wouldn't mind a trip over that way.

Generation is not a factor n these mountain streams. Now the critters maybe.

Location is Southern Ky around the Corbin, SOmerset, Jamestown, and Monticello areas.

Billy

What is your location in ref to Virginia? I live in the tip end of Va. About 1.5 hours from KY. I would love to find a new tailwater. I don't know much about KY so fill me in.

FM

I live in Ky and have been thinking about trying the Cumberland and could probably make any dates you set. Haven't fished it before but i have fished several streams in the area before. Beautiful country in them parts.

Fellows,

It's definitely going to be in June. We're thinking about camping at Conley Bottom on Lake Cumberland. That would put folks close to the Wolf Creek Dam and the Big South Fork above the Cumberland falls as well.

Will post some more info soon.