Fly Tying
Spanky29ca

What does everyone do for work?

Welcome Virg. Your beginnings sound a lot like mine.

You didn't say anything about yourself (where in the world you hang out, what you do/did for a living, etc.) and your profile is empty. Come clean... tell us about your years as a CIA spy, good friends with James Bond.

Wrong thread lmfao

I know. I read his intro on the intro forum, then got sidetracked and came back to the wrong place. I caught him finally.

No salmon pens on the coast of Finland, only fishing nets & HEAPS of them! All the pens are on the coast of Norway where escapies have desroyed the wild Atlantic salmon population! I've read that the best estamation of how many true wild Atlantic salmon are left is only less then a 10th of 1%! I genrally stay out of the ship lanes, but have gone to shore when i have seen them, have to piss sometime!

Was that supposed to be pre-stressed or post tensioned hollow core floor slabs !!!!

Just asking as I am in the Building Industry.

Carpenter and Joiner by trade

But operate as a qualified builder now. ( Tablelands Carpentry & Construction )

Work in the fishing department of an outdoors store, custom tyer and do tying instruction/guiding on the side.

The cables are streached first on top of a 100+ metre heated bed, hollow round tunnels take away weight & add strength, same princepal as metal pipe is stronger then metal bar! Stones cut to length!

What the heck, I'll play.

Started out 25 years ago as a structural steel detailer, pencil whipping piperacks and flues and ducts for the petrochemical industry for 7 years. Spent 10 years designing end-of-line devices for the industrial firefighting business, and the rest of it as a civil/structural designer, back into the petrochemical industry.

The middle job was the most fun. Somebody gets an idea, scribbles it on a napkin, then I get to design and test the prototypes. Figured out that firefighters are big boys with big squirt guns.

One of the trailer mounted nozzles would fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool, 600 feet downrange, in about 10 minutes. That's a he...ck of a lot of flying water.

Kirk

Commercial fisherman. I started Longlining Halibut/Sablefish in Alaska, then had 2 sons, so I fish in the Sound now for Dungeness/Opilio Crab and Spot Prawns.

Work? I vaguely remember the concept.... Retired, was a sales rep in Colorado for a powersports distributor.

The cables are streached first on top of a 100+ metre heated bed, hollow round tunnels take away weight & add strength, same princepal as metal pipe is stronger then metal bar! Stones cut to length!

cool ...

Dentist, for the past 30 years

Hey you would have good access to UV resins LOL