Fly Tying
add147

Chenille Question???

The marabou I saw on my last visit to Hobby Lobby was strung up into a feather boa. I was looking it over and my wife was snickering, asking me if I was also looking for a brass pole. I have plenty of marabou, so I did not buy a boa. I cannot attest to the quality of the dye, but on any given string, there were a lot of colors.

Danville has a 500$ minimum, so if you can get a big group of your friends together you could buy a lot of material and thread.

petelangevin,

Yes that is what I found out after doing some research. Guess I'll just stick to buying small amounts from EBay and other vendors on line.

I've encounted a number of bad sellers on eBay, peddling thread and wire. All appeared to be full spools, but wouldn't you know it they ran out much faster than they should have. I have a feeling they are making a killing splitting the materials on used up spools. 2 for the price of one. I for one avoid eBay materials like the plague. Especially those that are difficult quality to guage upon initial inspection.

It's been a few years since I ordered from Danville but unless things have changed there is a $500.00 minimum OR you pay a handling fee for a small order. I don't remember how much it was for the handling fee but it wasn't much. I paid it when I didn't have a $500.00 order and don't remember it being especially painful.

Well since am I just now getting into this hobby I've only bought a small amount of stuff from there. Once I get better at tying I'll definitely start making my purchases from other places. I've got a long list of places in my favorites list on Internet Explorer...LOL

go to hook & hackle (http://store.hookhack.com/)

they have 72 yard or 144 yard skeins of FLY TYING SIZED CHENILLE on sale now

http://store.hookhack.com/Standard-Rayon-Chenille-Skeins/products/491/

buy all white, koolaid or acid dye it to your favorite color or buy it already dyed

72 and 144 yards is a lot of wooly buggers!

flytire,

I've been to their site. I'll have to order maybe a few items form them.