Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kirk Dietrich

Psychedelic foam Poppers

Picked up some 2mm psychedelic foam sheets a year ago. Finally got around to gluing them together to make some bugs with. I like them, hope the fish do.

Kirk

Size #8 & #6

kirk-dietrich-albums-flies-picture1707-d

I see you have been hanging out with Panama Red! Awesome stuff Kirk. Where did you get the psychedelic foam?

Right on! Shoebop.

Agn54, thanks. This little craft store by my house about a year ago. I went in there today to get some 3mm foam and some more of these sheets after I saw how cool they came out and you'ld know it, they don't sell it anymore.

Nice . I've seen that exact foam in the Hobby Lobby. It wasn't recently, but I'm going to check on Monday.

Feathers5, I never tested them yet so I don't know if they attract or will scare the fish.

Ron, that's a good commercial, haven't seen that one is years.

Piker, I think I'm calling these the White Rabbit poppers after the Jefferson Airship song.

thanks,

Kirk

Those look like you dropped some acid, man.......You are telling your age....psychedelic hasn't been a common word for at least a few years. I think I hear Janis Joplin somewhere in the background.

Just like a Jefferson Airplane poster. I haven't seen anything that cool in 50 years, and from back then I don't really remember too much.

Love the poppers. I am going out and look for sone to use for beetles to fish bluegills with.

Ditz, wasn't sure psychedelic was the right word to use but when I googled the word, there were many photos of the colors of that foam.

Utyer, even if they don't catch fish, they're cool enough to have to make more.

Spider if you find any, let me know. Haven't been able to myself and they make cool looking beetle/spider bodies; I made a few from the scraps I cut off to square up my block. I think the gills will like them.

Kirk

Good morning Kirk,

When gluing up your foam, it looks as though you have either 9 or 10 sheets there, however my question is, what did you use for adhesive?

Michael

Way cool! It prompted me to google up "Peter Max." Everybody else remember his posters? Ha!