Fly Tying
reyovkram

my first flys still trying hard

These are my first attempts a few months ago the first two were my very first fly, rock worms with dubbing, then i tried yarn on the next set, the black and red chironomid and the red butt do not look all that bad but then again, and that is my first attempts at the a Pheasant Tail Nymph. I did some woolly buggers still trying to get the pictures to export, anyway hints or ideas on them ,

post-52486-0-04864300-1396761080_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I have to call my lawyer to help me figure out this BC fishing synopsis regulations its a tad confusing.

Once i get it figured out going to get as many of these fly's wet as I can.

wooly buggers look good but i could tell with a couple you cut the tail, so it looks like. Try not to do that and it will give it a better look to it. here is a good video from YouTube you can find other one's also.

wooly buggers look good but i could tell with a couple you cut the tail, so it looks like. Try not to do that and it will give it a better look to it. here is a good video from YouTube you can find other one's also.

The video i watched said to take the back of the scissors and to pull the ends off, but i will watch this one a try a few.

Thanks

go fish those woolys with the trimmed off tail. i'll bet youll catch fish!

in the future, just pinch off the marabou if its too long

or just tie the marabou tail to equal 1 hook shank long. no cutting required

Thanks this is the video i watched for those buggers i tied, pinched off the ends with my scissors and thumb,

now to some of those fly's wet this weekend thanks for all the tips,

Your wooly buggers look great. I just started tying and started with WBs and can offer any advice based on my experience as a tyer. However, I have read that if the tail is too long you will get short strikes. I even use a 6" ruler to make sure the tail is no longer than the length of the shank.