Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
add147

Any Left Handed Folks Out There???

I'm with Kentucky. Since I cast with my left and reel ( wind ) with the right it seems more natural to wind the thread on flies with the right as well.

I definitely feel I have more control over the material on the hook with the left especially when keeping hackles in position for seaducers etc.

GOATS: I did, but it was my right wrist. But the doctor back then set the cast so I could hold a rifle for deer hunting but afterwards I took a dunk in a stream running by trap line for coons (lol). Seriously though, that's just the way I learned to do things. Plus when I do tying lessons I can teach anyone no matter if they are right of left handed. I've actually tied with a student setting directly across the table from them tying right handed but backwards so they could actually see what I was doing.

I still haven't been able to get my "quotes" button to work properly!

I am a changed lefty. I only found out about 10 years ago when a chiropractor told me I was changed. I tie with vise on my left wtite right handed but sometimes I don't know what hand to use I reel left and cast right

Lefty, but tie with bobbin in my right hand. But I have done a number of things right handed due to need, so I say I'm semi-amphibias. Hehe.