Fly Tying
Steve P

Serious Carpin' Swappin'

SWAP IS FULL!!!

Ladies and gentlefolk, this is for the serious carp on the fly guys out there. I'm looking for the first 12 swappers to tie a dozen flies. Your #1, go to, never failed you, always gets eaten carp deliciousness. All standard swap roles apply. I'll give a due date when we get a general idea of who all is in and what works out well.

Let's do this thing!!! Pictures with you and a carp are always welcome as well. Especially if the fly you're sending is hanging out the fishes mouth.

1. SteveP----- black crack and Barry's swimming nymph

2. Eastern Fly----- no name carp nastiness

3. Patrick3885

4. Nanumcreek----- kitty kat RECEIVED

5. Goats----- Woodstock craw

6. Smokymountaineer----- modified mclovin RECEIVED

7. SullyTM----- backstabber RECEIVED

8. Crackleback------ belly flop nymph

9. Vicrider----- q-bug variation RECEIVED

10. Xrayts-----

11. Bruce Derrington----- undecided

12. Tyler94-----

Steve

Woodstock Craw by Russ Madden

My absolute best producing fly on the St. Clair flats.

I am doing a fly my friend came up with. We have used it for carp and it has also landed quite a few channel cats. Because of this we named it the Kitty Kat.

Okay, since my chances to spend time on trout waters are now going to be extremely limited I'd like to get in on this with a modified "Q-Bug". It was one of the surf flies and a little color variation and should be a carp attractor.

Any of you guys who do fish them regularly ever get them on dry flies? Used to have a friend in TN who got them on the surface at certain times of the year on the big TVA reservoirs. Friend and I were drifting down the Mississippi above the Twin Cities one time and as we came around a bend there was a bunch of foam piled up on the bank and as we watched there were these big rubber rings coming up and moving thru it. Took a minute to realize they were carp probably sucking trapped bugs off the foam. We were fishing in a smallmouth tournament or I might have just tried to get in on that. Never did get back to try.

Vicrider, I fish carp on dries pretty often. I like bigger hoppers and such in size 6 and 4. I also fish a lot of stimulators (foamulators). Always using 2x heavy hooks.

Steve