Fly Tying
Steve P

Serious Carpin' Swappin'

MAN gutted I missed this

So am I after I saw your carp lollipop fly.

Was wondering if you got my flies yet. There the once that look like a mulberry. Thanks

Look like a mulberry? I hope they don't stain everything they touch purple like mulberries do. When we were kids we used to climb neighbor's mulberry tree and eat them until he yelled out the window at us threatening to get his shotgun ( he always gave us plenty of time in tree before he yelled ). We'd run home and Mom would ask if we were in Mr. Graf's mulberry tree. Of course we'd say NO but it was hard to lie when you hands, your mouth and your tongue were purple.

When we moved to OK we had a big mulberry tree in the yard. I wanted to have a pre-built shed moved in and it was in the way so it came down. Sometimes I miss not having the berries right here but don't miss the mess they made on the ground around the tree.

I know carp and catfish love them. The carp in my pic was caught on the flie I tied for you guys.

So everyone else knows, I sent my flies last week. Tracking said they arrived 5/19.

Now I'm wishing I would have tied a mulberry fly for this swap instead of the fly I tied.