Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Piker20

Knapek hooks

Does anyone know if Knapek P hooks are big for their given size or about what you would expect? So a size 16 would be roughly similar to another manufacturers 16 as opposed to partridge Klinkhammers which are vastly oversized?

From the hooks I have used they seem pretty on par, I have mostly used their dry fly hooks, and all around style hooks. Might be worth sending them an email or finding one of their field staff guys to ask.

I found a guy on a UK forum who posted a #12 alonside a Hends, fulling mill and Partridge #12. They are a little large but within the tolerance I'm happy with. Not a whole size bigger. If I can I'll pinch his picture and add here.

Haven't heard many bad things about them. Ill be ordering some knapek P hooks and I'll report back.

They are a little bit bigger. But its not to bad! Great hooks! Knapek P is also a great curved hook. These hooks has a fairly large hook eye, this makes them great for bead patterns.

I want to warn u guys about the knapek jigg hooks in size 12 and smaller. The eye is above the hook point, this makes it extremely Hard to hook fish!!! 👎

Nice to hear. I've been thinking about ordering some. They are quite cheap.

I know that you get what you pay for (quality and price) and therefore I don't normally save money on hooks.