Fly Tying

As a confirmed hookaholic, I doubt it's ever possible to have enough hooks. wink.png

Physically impossible, you always think you have enough... Then you go to tie that great pattern,and not a single one in that size

There's always one more style, one more size…. never enough.

"Hi, my name is Richard, and I'm an addict. [Hi, Richard!] Does anyone know where to get more hooks?"

No where near enough! Last year I managed to get a deal on 7000 barbless dry fly hooks. I'm already planning what I am going to use when these run out. It doesn't matter how many thousands of hooks I have someone will always want something different, though usually they are not willing to pay the extra for it. I have my standard salmon fly hooks. They are ok hooks, not special, but they do the job. They are £0.10 each. If someone wants Salar hooks they cost me £0.87 each. They wonder why I charge more (and sometimes get quite upset).

That's a nice little collection, but not more than a weeks supply for me. You really can't get enough hooks. In fact "Enough hooks" may be the largest number imaginable. It is certainly a lot more then the 10 to 12k hooks I have on hand. A friend of mine has ten times that figure, and is still on the look out for more.

Cheers,C.

I try to keep at least 12,000 on hand for my self alone.. and that's still not enough, sorry to break your bubble !

I just put in an ordder last friday, 5k salmon, 5k dry, 10k nymph,2k streamer. And that's just for myself not even for resale, should last a few months, probably reorder again in november