Fly Tying
Preach

Anybody from the TriCities in East TN?

Hello all!

I was curious if there was anybody on the forum from the Tri Cities area in East TN.

Depends on why you're asking. I have several fly fishing friends that live in that area, but they don't hang out on this board.

Hey Steve617,

I'm in JBoro. I frequent the EFO fly shop in Piney Flats! I was just curious if there was anybody on the forum that lived around here. My son and I fish the Watauga all the time. I love the SOHO as well. I love the mountain streams too. We got great water here!

Hey phg,

I'm just fishing to see if there's anybody on the forum close by. My son is in high school and I'd enjoy some company when he can't go.

Hey Preach, Im just now learning, (tomorrow will just be my second trip). I work in Bristol so ive been going out by the weir and bought my fly rod from SHFS. I need to visit the EFO. I use to make bass jigs and going to give a shot at some trout flies.

Oh wow, we need to get connected and I can show you some great spots. The Weir is not a bad place though, but it's fished really heavy. Ever fished Watauga? My son and I caught around 150 fish there two weeks ago. They averaged around 10-12 inches.

I enjoy tying nearly as much as fishing. I'm in the process of moving right now so my vice is not set up and I'm having to buy flies...it's killing me! LOL

Preach, wow thats a lot of fish. Went today for a few hrs at the weir and landed 5 fish. I grew up in Eliz but only fished it a few times. Sounds like a good idea. Would be a good learning experience.

Cool...I'm glad I don't live in Eliz, I'd never get anything done, there's too many great fishing spots.

BL

Hurts to see you guys talking about the tri-city area. Wife had a great job in Gray and I was planning on an early retirement from MN/Dot and moving down there. She spent a year there in Kingsport and moved kids and household down there only for her job to get bought out and her dep't closed. Fantastic area and still have grandkids in the area. We're going to have them with us for part of the summer and if we take them back there (Gate City VA) I'm going to look some of you guys up and get a TN license. When I was going there regularly to visit her I mainly fished the reservoirs with a good old boy for stripers and bass. Great time but never did get into the trout tailwaters.

Hey vicrider,

This really is a great area... We actually pastor a church in Gray! When you get back in the area shoot me a note and we'll try to get together. The tailwaters are amazing. We'll have a blast.