Fly Tying
kbbgood

Kelly Galloup Streamers

Can anyone tell me where I can get the material lists for Kelly Galloups streamers. Have looked around and just can't find them. Does his videos have the lists on them? Are they worth the money?

I love Galloups streamers. It is sometimes hard to find everything in the exact color or style. I just improvise. If it calls for arctic fox in tan and I only have rabbit or marabou I just use what I have. My point is, if I make a simple substitution the fish isn't going to know. It is faster, cheaper and easier to tie with what I have than worry about it being 100% correct. To answer your other question, yes his bugs are awesome.

Also check out Cheech's patterns. I've been on a Cheech kick lately and that guy can tie some awesome patterns. The Mongrel Meat is my current addiction.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the material lists for Kelly Galloups streamers. Have looked around and just can't find them. Does his videos have the lists on them? Are they worth the money?

Check these out, fly fishing the Ozarks on youtube. I have tied many of his flies. And thinking of doing another articulated streamer swap soon.

Kevin

How hard did you look? I found three recipes on Kelly's Slide Inn website. http://slideinn.com/blog/

Click on the picture of the streamer you want. It will take you to a page to order that streamer. Three of the pages include the recipe.

If you look a little closer on the Slide Inn site they also offer all of the materials for these flies. Their deer hair patches are excellent quality. If you call them, you can probably get most any other information you might need. You might even get Kelly himself.

Best place to find Kelly Galloup's patterns and instructions are on Youtube -- just search "Kelly Galloup flies" or do that on google and go to video tab.