Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Spanky29ca

Gopro chest mount or head mount for fishing?

In the kayak I set it up on a pole over my left shoulder.

I thought of that, but every once in a while I have hooked other things in my boat that I didn't think stuck up far enough. With that above my shoulder for filming, I think the video would consist of shots of leader and flies wrapped around the camera and if audio is included, sounds of me cussing like a crazy person.

I am right handed so the fly very rarely goes over my left shoulder. I also keep my extra rods on the left side of the boat and focus my casting on the right side.

sounds of me cussing like a crazy person.

or a Marine...

Oh, well ... there is that.

so does the bill of the baseball cap obscure the view of the head mounted gopro? any considerations to take into account with using the gopro head mount and a ball cap?

thanks

so does the bill of the baseball cap obscure the view of the head mounted gopro? any considerations to take into account with using the gopro head mount and a ball cap?

thanks

I haven't had any issues with my ball cap in the way actually, I was worried about the same thing at first but it hasn't been an issue thus far.

I tried the GoPro head strap, for a while. Maybe I have a soft head (No need for peanut gallery comments on that), but it pressed the cap cloth into my skin hard enough that I was uncomfortable with it before I even got a good video out of it. Helmet mounts make sense, since the helmet is taking the weight and pressure. If you can wear the camera with a baseball cap, more power to you. You'll lose the view straight below the bill, but since we tend to face what we are looking at, I don't think it'll obscure anything you want in the video.

Since you are wasting any film, walk around the yard with it on. Video the process and do things as if you were fishing. Play it back and see if anything you did is not captured adequately.

Maybe I have a soft head (No need for peanut gallery comments on that),

oh, yes, there certainly IS a need for comments on that.....

LOLOL

Hey, I don't need to sit here and take ... wait, you didn't actually make a derogatory comment.

Trust me, I doubt there are many that haven't already been slung in my direction from Wife's family.