Fly Tying
COMike

Colorado deserted mines......

Hi everyone.....

I wish I could take photos that you all do but I have some camera phone pics that I simply love!

Being a person that loves to "get away" I like to take forest roads and Jeep trails that are simply "less traveled".......

Few shots from a scouting trip for Elk.........

Please be honest on your comments ...... I want to improve!

IMG_5833_zpsdebfd8e8.jpg

Here is a beaver pond I came across.....

IMG_5816_zpsee0cb429.jpg

Eagle coming down to see why we are there...

IMG_5863_zpsa8e923ff.jpg

Mike smile.png

IMG_5844_zpsfe343b04.jpg

IMG_5842_zps76769781.jpg

post-52487-0-87310400-1398200508_thumb.jpg

post-52487-0-10434100-1398200572_thumb.jpg

post-52487-0-62929200-1398200633_thumb.jpg

post-52487-0-42603400-1398200692_thumb.jpg

post-52487-0-11513100-1398200753_thumb.jpg

post-52487-0-78488800-1398200921_thumb.jpg

Beautiful photos Mike...and you took those with a camera phone?? Nice! Geez, I'd like to take photos that look that good with my DSLR...

They are all beautiful shots, but here's my critiques on them (which isn't much and can all be fixed with picture editing tools).

pic #1: I like the contrast between the main subject and the background mountains. It might be me ... but the main subject looks canted. If it IS canted to the right, then the picture is good. If the barn ISN'T canted, then it needs to be corrected until the cross beams are perfectly horizontal.

pic #2: Nothing is wrong with the picture. Great aesthetics with the pool, trees and grass. You might try contrasting and light variances to make the picture pop a little more, but the basic subject is very nice.

pic #3: Again, the pool is the main subject and it looks canted to the left, this time. So do the background field and mountains. And again, if they ARE canted, then it's good. Contrast a step or two for "pop".

pic #4: Contrast ... nothing else. Great photo, great depth of field IF you can make it jump out at you a little more with contrast.

pic #5: Backing up from pic#4 loses the subject. There's nothing to focus the eyes on. pic#4 is a great photo. Pic #5 loses all the aspects that make #4 so great.

I think you should re-evaluate your photographic abilities. "I wish I could take photos that you all do but I have some camera phone pics that I simply love!" You DO take pictures like "you all do" !!

Thanks Everybody!

I took the pictures with my iPhone. I have an old canon 5mp that I abandoned back in 2009 because I kept forgetting to charge it....LOL.

I don't understand the editing tools so essentially I point the camera at the subject and take the picture by pressing the screen on the iPhone. I am not sure what post processing is so I suppose I don't do it.

Thanks a ton for the compliments and critiques!

Rolf, Bryon, Chase, and Mike.....thanks again for looking at them!

Mike...thanks for the tips. I don't know anything about picture taking but would love to learn. Some day I would like to get a nice camera like my old Pentax K-1000 that I got from my dad in the early 80's. It was 35mm and I still have it somewhere.

My neighbor takes wonderful photos and has a nice 35mm type digital camera she got last year. She is a photo buff and has taken many courses and has gone on some photography trips. It is roughly the same size as my old Pentax but it is digital and she can actually interchange lenses like the big ones for telephoto stuff. Sorry for my ignorance but I don't know anything about photography but would love to learn.

Mike, the thing that I don't like about the iPhone camera is that the colors don't show up as I see them in nature. They are less vibrant..for lack of a better term...than I see with my eyes.

Cheers!

Mike :)

Mike,

Photo editing software and "post processing" ... same thing, different terminology.

I hope you don't mind. I copied your photos, played with them a bit. I reduced the sizes just because my computer sends better that way. Anyway, here are four of your pics with a little of the processing done.

Just a few adjustments on angle and contrast/brightness. Compare these to your originals and see what you think. I didn't take a lot of time with them, just a little to point out what a difference it can make.

PS ... I am deleting the photos from my computer after this post. They won't show up anywhere else from me.