Fly Tying
rockworm

Fourth Annual Evolution Swap

I'll step back and be the alternate. Hate to see sjo miss out on 4th consecutive year due to health keeping him down a few days. My schedule has become very busy since joining this swap, haven't been giving it the amount of thought I intended.

Thanks David

That is a very kind offer. I am sure it will cheer Sjo up. Tell you what- I will slide you down to the alternate position and if the other swappers are happy with 13 you can jump in if you can find the time.

ok since I am up now I am making a leap here in quantum physics

my fly is called the grizzly fry

Hook:12 streamer

Tail:moose body

Body:reddish brown ice dub

underwing:White Calf

Overwing:brown hackle

Hackle:grizzly

Just want to verify, this is my evolution start point, correct?

robert

Since we have two members who have finished their flies it may not be possible to expand our group to 13. Netabrookie may have mailed his dozen a couple of days ago and Horseshoes' are ready to go.

My flies are still laying on my desk and I don't have a problem with adding another one to the box. I hope that Sjo gets to feeling better.

I submit the following:

Name: Deep Fry'ed Turkey (deep as in I'll probably add some weight to it)

Hook: 10 3x long streamer/wet fly

Tail: Turkey body feather

Body: reddish brown dubbing

Underwing: white calf (or similar)

Overwing: Brown soft hackle

Hackle: Grizzly

I have turkey on the brain, in the last couple of years it has become my favorite hunting season, and my 10yo daughter bagged her first bird Saturday morning. I had an abundant supply of turkey feathers before the weekend, I now have a few more...

robert

Since we have two members who have finished their flies it may not be possible to expand our group to 13. Netabrookie may have mailed his dozen a couple of days ago and Horseshoes' are ready to go.

Horseshoes is having problems posting so she asked me to post the following:

Just catching up on the previous posts and my Package is not taped up yet so if you want another fly put in let me know by morning.

Congratulations to your daughter! Did she cook the beast as well? (Not being sexist here. I am the cook in our family and I should think wild turkey would provide a mighty challenge to any chef.)

Your pattern looks very good. Sounds like it could be an Atlantic salmon fly. I see we are continuing the food motif!

Professori: I can't wait to see what you do with this one.

Thank you Sharon. If its not a problem to tye up one more, please do send an extra. If everyone agrees, we can be the Evo Thirteen. If not, I will send the extras back to their makers.

We are still waiting to hear from half of our swappers.