Fly Tying
rockworm

Fourth Annual Evolution Swap

Congratulations to your daughter! Did she cook the beast as well? (Not being sexist here. I am the cook in our family and I should think wild turkey would provide a mighty challenge to any chef.)

Your pattern looks very good. Sounds like it could be an Atlantic salmon fly. I see we are continuing the food motif!

Professori: I can't wait to see what you do with this one.

Thank you Sharon. If its not a problem to tye up one more, please do send an extra. If everyone agrees, we can be the Evo Thirteen. If not, I will send the extras back to their makers.

We are still waiting to hear from half of our swappers.

Not sure how it all comes togetherbut...

Name: Deep Fry'ed Chum

Hook: 10 3x long streamer/wet fly

Tail: Turkey body feather

Body: Silver UV chenille

Underwing: white calf (or similar)

Overwing: Brown soft hackle

Hackle: Grizzly

Fast food straight from professori's Chum Bucket. Looking good!

Sjo- It's time to crawl out of bed and mutate.

I don't care how many. Doesn't take a minute to tie 'er up. I'll tie until I run out of material or wife beats me, whichever comes first ...

mmmm, possum. Time for a road kill hunt ...

Rockworm, mine are in the mail and headed your way. I hit my back on a lift at work yesterday and went home early because it was hurting. I got up this morning and it was still feeling fairly rough so I just got lazy and stayed home. Since I was already home and the flies were laying on my desk then why not take a little ride to the post office instead of waiting until the weekend. I put 16 flies in the box so either add more swappers or keep the extras. Thank for hosting.

Take care,

Tony

Take good care of your back. I hurt mine at work decades ago and it still goes out from time to time. I will be watching eagerly for the first of this year's Evo flies.

My flies are ready; forgive me if I've missed something, but I don't seem to have the address?

I'm so pleased that you all made it possible for this old horse to comp(l)ete again!

Name: fryed chum tube

I only substitute the hook with a tube. The hackle will be partridge instead of grizzly.

So nice to be back in!

Cheers

Sjo.

Wheels are spinning. Hopefully when the smoke clears, an evolved (or at least mutated) pattern will emerge. I can say I will not stick with the tube. I've never even held a tube fly, so tying one for the lot of you would be a disservice.