Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
USCGFlyGuy

For my pet trout

Tied these up today from a "gurgler" pattern that Mr. Blaminack posted on Instagram. Hope to feed it to my pet trout by my office if they ever decide to show up.

post-46470-0-44567000-1398648665_thumb.jpg

post-46470-0-18336500-1398648696_thumb.jpg

Sunny day

post-46470-0-98308600-1398648838_thumb.jpg

Cloudy day

post-46470-0-42736700-1398648869_thumb.jpg

nice ties, gurglers are great for trout and pretty much everything else out there.

I don't think those will do very well…If you leave them on the boat I'll make sure they are taken care of properly wink.png

Bad ass bugs bro, now feed your trout. Feed them!

I don't think those will do very well…If you leave them on the boat I'll make sure they are taken care of properly wink.png

Now, I can't get that Scott's fertilizer guy out of my head. Feed your lawn, feed it. Looks like from FLA to NE, we'll all be hunkered down for a bit.

Did you coat the foam with an adhesive? Looks like the foam is 'shiny' on the 'face' and the edges that appear to have been cut. Nice looking crayz though!

BCT

I always just put a few coats of Sally-Hansens hard as nails on my foam. Seems to preserve it and make them float a little better. Plus it makes the tail mor rigid, creating more of a "pop".

Thanks, I think they turned out pretty good. I would love to feed them! Only been feeding bass so far this year. But I cant complain about that!

Have your trout been named as of yet like some freshwater fly fishers so familiar with certain streams they've caught the same trouts, recognized by the still healing hook impressions so many times or do yours come by when you stomp at waters side to feed them those tasty fly morsels ?

Have your trout been named as of yet like some freshwater fly fishers so familiar with certain streams they've caught the same trouts, recognized by the still healing hook impressions so many times or do yours come by when you stomp at waters side to feed them those tasty fly morsels ?

Mine just start get in position when they hear me pull up. They know it is inevitable.