Fly Tying
icezen

Soft Hackle Flies

Hi

I am looking for any videos, steps to tying soft hackle flies the way Jim Leisenring and Pete Hidy did.

I saw a demonstration at a fly shop a couple Saturdays ago while visiting another city. The tyer was also a guess to the city and used very little material to tie great looking flies. I have tried several times to come up with something remotely similar but can't come close. I have Googled for instruction in soft hackle tying, but got very little. I am not at the stage where I can look at a picture with a recipe and tie that fly. I need to follow very specific directions.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi icezen,

You can also visit or join the flymphforum.com . If you just take a look, there are several topics open for public viewing. If you become a member it opens up a few more to read. It's main focus is soft hackle flies and flymphs, and has tons of info on all things Leisenring and Hidy.

Regards,

Mark

I second the recommendation to visit the flymphforum. Pete Hidy's son Lance is among the regular contributors and there is a wealth of information. You must register to get the full range of information, but it is easy and painless.