Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
TheCream

Baby mallard

Nice deer hair work !!!

I really like the precision and shading of the stacks!

If you're going to fish that ... I am eagerly waiting for a picture with that hanging out of a big pike or bass' mouth !!!

Yeah, just a great JOB, if you fish it dont forget to coat bottom, lets see more

I'll coat that one this evening when I start #2. This is definitely getting fished, I don't care if one fish wrecks the fly I want to see it happen. The next one will be a baby red winged blackbird. They nest all over the pond edges here in Ohio, so it seems like a logical potential prey item to fall into the water.

Absolutely beautiful work Cream. I don't think I could ever fish with such a work of art. But then again, with your skills can just do up another one if this one gets wrecked.

Beautiful work. You guys never fail to amaze me with the quality of what you can do with deer hair. How will you tie that on? Don't see a hole in the bill. As for the Redwing blackbird, I used to fish a lake where I'd often hear big splashes back the cattails where the RWBBs nested and fed. One day I caught about a 20" bass whose stomach was just stretched. Why it tried to eat my sluggoe I don't know because he couldn't have fit in. Tho I normally anything over 16" go and only kept a few smaller ones to eat, that one I took home. When I cut it open...YEP...Redwinged Blackbird.

If I ever get good enough to tie those up for fishing, I am going to make it so the line is tied to the bill. I've seen baby ducklings skittering across the water. I've never seen one flopping it's head like one of those must do tied in at the neck.

The line gets tied into the hook eye, behind the head, if I remember correctly.

Correct. The line gets tied to the eye of the rear hook. The head is tied offset just a little to one side to make that easier to do.