Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
agn54

tool and skin ID?

I recently was given an old thrown together tying kit that had some standard stuff like peacock hurl, hackles, elk and deer hair etc. It also had a bird skin (or part of one) and a tool that I have never seen before.

I think the skin may be from a pheasant (ringneck?) but I am not really familiar with them. The feathers make pretty cool cheeks on baitfish flies and have some nice feathers for soft hackles. I would love to hear any other uses for them.

post-18514-0-13271200-1398823859_thumb.jpg post-18514-0-81264700-1398823876_thumb.jpg

I have no idea what this thing is or how it is used. Any help would be appreciated

post-18514-0-66866600-1398823916_thumb.jpg

I recently was given an old thrown together tying kit that had some standard stuff like peacock hurl, hackles, elk and deer hair etc. It also had a bird skin (or part of one) and a tool that I have never seen before.

I think the skin may be from a pheasant (ringneck?) but I am not really familiar with them. The feathers make pretty cool cheeks on baitfish flies and have some nice feathers for soft hackles. I would love to hear any other uses for them.

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPG

I have no idea what this thing is or how it is used. Any help would be appreciated

attachicon.gifphoto tool.jpg

Dynaking Tool Carousel

1302144077_Tool%20Carousel.jpg

Kimo

Thanks Kimo. Looks like all I got was the bobbin holder part of it, the table part of the carousel was missing.

Can anyone verify what the skin is?

Thanks Bassmouth. I thought that's what it was but I think I only have the shoulder part of the skin. Quite a variety of feathers on those birds

agn54,

Do you have any use for the bobbin holder and would you be willing to sell it?

Please PM me.

Kimo

I purchased the bobbin holder from agn54. He wanted me to post a picture of how I was going to modify

it for my own use.

bobbin_holder_modified.jpg

Kimo