Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
nawagner

In Denver this week - Help with plans

I'll be in Denver this week with time to fish Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday. Thinking of Bear or Clear on Wednesday and Cheeseman or Elevenmile on Thursday. What are the best choices?

Thanks!

Both are good plans! Think Bear and Cheeseman.runoff is picking up.

the best choice would be to call ahead at some denver area fly shops and plan accordingly

i would do the blue river in silverthorne on wed afternoon and cheeseman on thursday

bring your small stuff! smile.png

I have been fishing bear a lot the last month it is fishing great. If you want I would meet up to fish tomorrow (Thursday). Sorry did not see this sooner.

How did the trip go? I was thinking about going to bear and battle the cold weather on Tuesday. I fished it two weeks ago and it was great.

I was there last week on Tuesday. It was great lots of fish. I ended up going to Cheeseman canyon. Lots of bites no fish. I took a rough fall on some of granite up there and broke my rod. But cabelas warranted it no problem. I was think of going out a couple times next week Tuesday for sure.

You are probably gone but I will make an observation......

Tie a floater and just back from it about 18" to 20" and put a midge on.......let the floater (your choice but make certain it FLOATS.......have brown tailings from your floater).........

Put a 18" to 20", depending on the water you are fishing.....and use the "floater/indicator"....determine what you want to fish!

At this time you will maximize yoiur strikes..........

Mike

Cheers!