Fly Tying

just ordered some books

well i finally did it. went out and ordered caddisflies by lafontain, and schollmeyers nymph tying book.

i got both from borders and was a little disappointed that i had to order them. the good thing is one of my friends works there and she gets a 33% discount off every book she buys ph34r.gif . i looked really hard at the benchside reference, but even with a 33% discount i still couldnt force myself to add it to the list. but she did tell me that when she gets her next big company wide discount (usually like 50 or 60% off) she would let me know and we can go and get that.

cant wait to get either of the books, and am really excited about the caddisflies book. now if i can just get it read before trout season gets here LOL.

You will never regret owning the Benchside Reference. Leeson and Schollmeyer could not have collaborated on a finer publication, making all other tying publications more valuable due to its amazing concentration of guidance, hints, manipulations and materials applications.

if you buy the Benchside Reference from amatobooks.com you can get the book plus 5 years of Fly Fishing and Tying Journal for $89.95 + $10 shipping.

it is still costing my $100 but i am getting the magazine as a bonus

i have thought about getting the mag subscription. i just dont know if i am all that interested in it (the mag) i get it once in a while if i am up north if i see something on the cover that interests me, but not often enough to warrant getting a subscription to it.

wink.gif I think that the Benchside Reference Book must be well worth the freight because it's price hasn't wavered much since it came out originally for $100. I know that with a large number of years tying under my belt, that book does not leave my side. If you ever get to the stage where you think you know it all, and then get all screwed up----look it up in the Gospel according to Leeson & Schollmeyer. In my opinion that's the best bucks you could ever spend on a book. cool.gif

i am for sure gonna get the benchside, but i just dont know when. probably later than sooner.

i do remember seeing it somewhere for something like 60 bucks, but of course i cant remember where it was now. seems like it was borders.com, but i cant remember.

I got The Benchside "Bible" with the 5yr subscription and the Magazine is worth it as well.

Lots of tips in the articals and lots of patterns to tie.

Next to Flytyer , it may be my favorite Mag now.

Cheers

Duff