Fly Tying

I'm in. I'll tie either a quick tie caddis (learned from the googlable swap) or a purple haze or both.

jd1983, Professori, Troutguy and JayWirth you are all in and the swap is full. Thanks to everyone for joining I am looking forward to seeing all your flies.

If you're looking forward to seeing mine you better get out your magnifying glass and your 8x tippet. Fish the small one behind the BIG #20 and strike at any swirl behind the #20. Well, this all depends on whether I can pull it off or not. Did a few 20s and they went fairly well but we'll see about the smaller sizes.

Nick

"Hey, I resemble that remark! Bob was right. I was out to lunch... although I think that could be said of my normal state of mind."

Yes I think you do resemble that remark jburge. Seeing as you are up in the years I will respect that fact. lol.

If you're looking forward to seeing mine you better get out your magnifying glass and your 8x tippet. Fish the small one behind the BIG #20 and strike at any swirl behind the #20. Well, this all depends on whether I can pull it off or not. Did a few 20s and they went fairly well but we'll see about the smaller sizes.

Nick

As long as they float they qualify.

Bob, these will not only float, they will float on a cushion of air ABOVE the water. Trout will have to jump up to get them.

I have tossed a couple ideas around in my head and tied a few different flies trying to come up with something but I still haven't settled on what I am doing. I am playing around with an extended body but I'm not 100% sure if that is what I am doing. There is just too many choices and I have too little of a brain to work with. I'll bet that this would have been a lot easier many years ago because there was a lot of patterns to choose from but not as many as it is today. It is sort of like going to the grocery store now verses 40 years ago....go down the cereal isle now and there is so many to choose from but when I was a kid you had choices, but not that many.