Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Sneak peak (this is cool)

A sneak at the latest rod on the bench, an HD themed rod for a guy retiring this year. Not close to done yet, still have a lot of wrapping as well as inscriptions on the window seat etc etc to do, but it's getting there.

eyua.jpg

6xf9.jpg

1iw5.jpg

t538.jpg

I can't think of the right word to describe it.....Awesome....Cool....Wicked....maybe Wickedly Totally Coolest Most Awesome??? Extremely great work!!!

Woah! Back the truck up.... you're going to have to spill how you did the carbon on the handle... I'm guessing the orange sleeve first, then the all carbon end pieces, with silver thread for the trim band? Decal for the logo? If you wove that I'm just giving up rod building and referring people to you.

Can I get a better macro shot of what I'm guessing is a feather inlay in the butt section? Did you use CP to hold them down?

I can't think of the right word to describe it.....Awesome....Cool....Wicked....maybe Wickedly Totally Coolest Most Awesome??? Extremely great work!!!

Brookie hopefully you think the rod coming your way is just as cool. I have not forgot that your son is home from service, so look to the mail very soon bud, and tell him thank you very much for his service away from his family over the years, it's very much appreciated.

Woah! Back the truck up.... you're going to have to spill how you did the carbon on the handle... I'm guessing the orange sleeve first, then the all carbon end pieces, with silver thread for the trim band? Decal for the logo? If you wove that I'm just giving up rod building and referring people to you.

Can I get a better macro shot of what I'm guessing is a feather inlay in the butt section? Did you use CP to hold them down?

Nate the grip is this- I started out with a plain carbon fiber grip a fellow builder makes. Then a sanded the center section and painted it chrome. Then added the custom decal, as well as added the trim wraps of orange which are all thread wraps. After adding those I did 3 coats of clear finish (threadmaster) over the entire grip.

I was guessing a colored fiberglass/carbon sleeve from Riley Rods... I'm still not sure I exactly get how you did this, but kudos...

Still want updated pics as you go along.

What's the decal exactly? Something you made?

Yep the orange under the grip is a sleeve.

Decal- yep, custom made, it's in the HD logo style, but with the customers name and bike in it.

Any questions just ask, I'm more than happy to share, not hiding anything here bud wink.png

Why can't I have a toy like that ???
Oh, wait, I sold my bike back in '92. But still, that is starting out to be one bad-ass, unique and "envy-inspiring" custom rod.

Steve, I am sure that he will love and cherish the rod. I will tell him for you and also let him read it here for himself. Thank you very, very much

^^awesome^^. i must say, this one as all of your rods are beautiful. i think you have found your calling for sure :)