Fly Tying
dryfly purist

Ladybug or Ladybird..... whatever :-)

Nice shot ... amazing to think those little bugs are predators. That close, the parts all look like painted metal. Pretty shot, Terje. Good to see Spring has graced your neck o' the woods.

Nice shot ... amazing to think those little bugs are predators. That close, the parts all look like painted metal. Pretty shot, Terje. Good to see Spring has graced your neck o' the woods.

Thanks a lot, Mike :-)

It´s really hard to capture these creatures in a nice way because of the hard top/skin they have. If you use a softbox the light reflects on the body and if you don´t use a softbox the sun does the same :-)

The weather is absolutely beautiful these days and the summer has arrived....... and that means that the bugs are back :-)

Terje

No black spots. I never knew you could have spotless ones. Very neat pics.

I noticed the same thing, Piker20...... that was the thing that caught my attention for sure :-)

Thanks, man :-)

Terje

Ever see their larval form? A predator that loves to eat aphids....

This is one of my early macro attempts (typical beginner's underexposed background):

Ladylarv_zps328c6d5e.jpg

Tight lines,

Bob

The background's supposed to be out of focus ... concentrates attention on the subject. Looks like a pretty good picture. Nice detail on the bug, with it's "Godzilla complex" spikes on its back !!!

Just found that the pictures i took is of a POPLAR LEAF BEETLE and not a LADYBUG........ i really have to learn my entomology better :-) :-) :-)

Terje

Terje, beautiful picture regardless of what kind of bug it is.

Here is a Lady Bug/Bird eating aphids on my milkweed, which aphids absolutely love. Not the sharpest picture but I was glad to catch him/her in action of eating an aphid.

Kirk

kirk-dietrich-albums-general-picture1971

Terje, beautiful picture regardless of what kind of bug it is.

Here is a Lady Bug/Bird eating aphids on my milkweed, which aphids absolutely love. Not the sharpest picture but I was glad to catch him/her in action of eating an aphid.

Kirk

Thanks a lot for your kind comment, Kirk :-) :-) ...... i really appreciate it :-)

I think your photo of the ladybug is really nice :-) :-)

Terje