Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Rod for a members son

There's a long standing member here whom has a Son that just returned home from the military. So when he mentioned that to me I wanted to do something that would show a little appreciation for him for his service and the time away from his family. So I built this 7'6" 4wt for him and hope he & his father can share some quality time on the stream together with it.

qemxm.jpg

8icd.jpg

liztu.jpg

4mcz8.jpg

You da man Steve, super rod and really great of you to do that

Murray

Mr. Clark, This is Netabrookie's son Tyler. I am absolutely speechless and don't know how to say thank you to the extent of how this made me feel when my dad showed this to me. I will start by saying thank you, and that the rod looks awesome, but that still doesn't compare to how truly grateful and thankful I am for this. People like you is the greatest thing about this country and this makes me very proud to do what I do. Again and again, thank you.

Tyler the thanks are owed entirely from this end to you, and your fellow servicemen & women for the commitment in your lives that you have done for everyone else. Hope you and your pop have a good summer fishing.

And welcome back home!

Steel!

Beautiful Rod!

Tyler.....thank you for your service and WELCOME HOME! I am a retired veteran and am so proud of you! Keep on fishing and be certain to post the pictures of your first fish on that work of ART that Steel made for you!

You also might want to look into Project Healing Waters. The organization literally saved my life!

Best wishes and tight lines!

Mike :)

This is such a great story. Thanks to every one who thinks the way you do Steeldrifter. Great work on the rod! Also thank you Tyler for your service.

Steve

Thank you! Tyler thank you more America is built on the work and dedication of those like you. Well done! Tony if you ever need a place to take your boy fishing (no insult Tyler I'm a father as well) let me know. We rednecks in Kentucky can catch a fish every now and then.

Tyler thank you for service, welcome home, I hope you and your dad have a great summer together. Steve I am in awe of the rod and the gesture you are good man!!!

Guest rich mc

reading this thread is a great way to start the work week. enjoy that rod and welcome back . rich mc

I came home yesterday evening and stopped at my mailbox and found a few things in there including a small note from the postman. I have to go to work early and get off late so I couldn't make it to the post office today, but my sister went for me and picked up the package. I came home this evening and got something to eat and jumped in the shower with thoughts of letting my son open it when he comes back next weekend but I just couldn't resist sneaking a peek. Steve, this thing is beautiful. I know "beautiful" doesn't sound very manly, especially when talking about fishing gear, but beautiful is the only appropriate word for it. The craftsmanship is stunning, to say the least, and I can't think of a word to describe how generous you have been. I didn't completely unwrap it and I didn't put it together because I thought that would be better left to Tyler. It now rests in the tube and awaits his arrival.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for this. I also thank the other members for their comments to Tyler. He is a good kid with a good head on his shoulders and a big heart and I am very, very proud to be his dad.

Thank You Again and Take Care,

Tony