Fly Tying
flytire

please dont yell at the water

Good grief. This is why I never, ever read "news" about actors or watch their appearances on talk shows -- I inevitably end up unable to respect them or take them seriously afterward. It must do something bad to your brain to be paid bazillions of dollars to play pretend for a living.

I wonder if that affects the taste? If you talk nicely to your water does it taste better than if you are mad at it.

Why do you think they call them actors & actresses?

Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

Good point Bill--for the record, I do understand that they're just acting when they play characters in movies, etc., and I'm not naive enough to think that they behave the same as their characters in "real life". I guess I have some expectation, though, that if they're talented enough to earn my respect for them as actors, they must be the sort of people I'd like or respect when they're not in character, and so often--as with Ms. Paltrow--they turn out to be completely loopy. But maybe even that expectation is naive, I don't know.

Words cannot express the deep inner dissapointment that fills me when fellow members of the human race do or say things so incredibly stupid.

I'm sure that in cave man days these sorts were the first ones to try eating potatoe leaves or tickling rattlers or poking a tiger.

Yep ... I always hope that the people our young look up to would spout intelligence and wisdom. Turns out most of them are petulant little minds with no true thoughts of there own. The are such good actors and actresses because they have no real personality to begin with.

"Pepper Potts" is one of my favorite women. Smart, beautiful and quick witted.

Paltrow, unfortunately, seems to be none of those.

Now, to this "Scientist" ... Emoto.

Gray clumps instead of crystals ... I'll bet NO ONE has been able to duplicate his findings. Idiot.

I am thinking, if these "Gray clumps" were true, with all the frustrated anglers on the water, no one would be able to ice fish again.

While we're on the subject of water, did you know that all of our country's drinking water is contaminated with a substance called Dihydrogen monoxide. You can read all about its harmful effects here: http://www.armory.com/~crisper/DHMO/

You all mean...it's not true???....damn....I just spent the last half an hour with a sharpie writing "don't worry, be happy" on all of my bottles of drinking water...

So that's why yelling at the fish in the water to bring my fly back after breaking off never worked !

Might be time for an I-pod to play some happy music to the water........to get the fish to return the flies.

"While we're on the subject of water, did you know that all of our country's drinking water is contaminated with a substance called Dihydrogen monoxide."

For some reason, my quote button isn't working.

Flafly ... This is a serious, and critical situation. In some parts of the country, the contamination levels are so high, people are practically drowning in the stuff. The contamination here in Florida is actually not as bad. Because of the drought conditions we've been having, the government has been careful and regulated its use. But everybody should take precautions and find out all you can about Dihydrogen Monoxide levels in your area. It could seriously impact recreational fishing ... and actually the over all quality of life as we know it !!!

Net ... you actually HAVE bottles of water in your house ???

I thought you had to be 21 to drink from any bottle in your place?

So, I wonder who's going to do the follow up study to see if water understands the written word in Spanish, Japanese, Swahili, Klingon, etc. or if it's just Enlish that makes it react to negativity....